Saturday 18 November 2017

Breastfeeding, as a sacred path to divine mothering.

My BreastFeeding journey ended Yesterday. 
It had been 10 days since our last feed and I wondered whether that had been the last but yesterday morning LeoAnanda said to me, can I have 'Susu', (Indonesian word for milk which is what he calls breastfeeding).
I said yes and he got off pretty quick and I said, 'did it work?',he said, 'No'. I said, 'has all the Susu finished?. He said, 'Yes. Can I have a banana and some Orange Juice'. I said, 'Yes, and got up and got it for him'.
After I dropped him off to preschool I realized that our Breastfeeding journey was done. It had been a week before the 10 days. We even went 2 weeks once, then had 8 days of every morning. We've been breastfeeding for 3 & 3/4 years. What a beautiful journey it has been.



My first born was 19 months and one night she just stopped. My second born was 10 months, I went back to work and got really busy and couldn't get time to pump during work and he never came looking again.
I never thought at 44 years of age I would just complete breastfeeding. I never had a plan, I just let the babies lead. For me, my body knew what to do and so did my babes. I feel grateful that I have had this experience.
There is so much talk of breastfeeding and projections, it's such an ancient thing. We mothers feed our children. As do many animals. It's not just about the milk. It's about so much more. It's steeped in the foremothers and the tradition. The energy connects us all.
Interestingly, this popped up again this morning.
"When a baby suckles at its mother's breast, a vacuum is created. Within that vacuum, the infant's saliva is sucked back into the mother's nipple, where receptors in her mammary gland read its signals. This "baby spit backwash," as she delightfully describes it, contains information about the baby's immune status. Everything scientists know about physiology indicates that baby spit backwash is one of the ways that breast milk adjusts its immunological composition. If the mammary gland receptors detect the presence of pathogens, they compel the mother's body to produce antibodies to fight it, and those antibodies travel through breast milk back into the baby's body, where they target the infection."
Once Leo had Typhoid and I watched my milk change colour and composition over the 7 days he ate nothing and rested on my chest and never moved, it was a long 7 days.
My conscious breastfeeding journey started it's depth when my babe was 2 months old, I had what seemed in that moment experienced a traumatic event, which lead to more than I could ever have imagined.
A colleague of mine, whom is a well respected traditional Indian Tantric teacher said to me, you must take on the path of Divine Mothering my dear. 'You must purify your mind because your emotions, thoughts, feelings and everything you are going through will pass through your milk into your babe'. This startled me at the time but rang true to my ears like God*dess was speaking directly to me.
And so I did, I would chant mantras in my head and play devotional beautiful music when I was feeding him. I would try my hardest all day to not have horrible thoughts going through my entire body, as I could feel the trauma in my body. I supported me to be in a good vibration. It was extraordinary. My daily practise got more solid than I ever had experienced.
When I was exhausted I would just be quiet and enjoy the quiet of the space. If I was bored, I would load great books onto my phone and read while I was Breastfeeding. I tried not to pollute my being with nonsense on the phone feed while feeding. I studied Grace and the Grace of God to assist me during these hard difficult days and nourish my body and soul for the transmission of my milk to my babe. It was very satisfying and helped me beyond comprehension with my journey.
I've fed him in temples, on planes, in shopping centres, while teaching, while in holy waters with groups, so many places. I see it as something very sacred. I have been one of the fortunate ones and have not once ever been asked to cover up or received any negative energy from anyone for it.
I share this with many of my new mother students. This path after conscious conception, conscious pregnancy and conscious mothering/parenting. How we can make simple adjustments to support ourselves and nourish our babes in so many more ways than we know.
Many aren't into ancient hindu mantras and we find beautiful music to play and find songs aligned with their joy to use while feeding their babes. The practise of pure potent presence.
Literally sharing your vibration with your baby through breastmilk with awareness. The transmission of information and love.
Not everyone can breastfeed, many don't want to and some it's not appropriate but for those who are and do can know that there are ways to bring the sacred into something so precious. For many it's a short time, 1 maybe 2 years of their life. In 80 odd years, that's a blip of time.
We never try and make anyone feel bad or inadequate, we are here to support each other and to share with each other. Gathering together to rise humanity towards a new path of Love through unity.
I loved breastfeeding before I became conscious of this process and I adored it deeply after I started this practise. I encourage sharing this wisdom to our next generations to be conscious in our actions and aware of the depths that we impact others especially in the most natural way.
Knowing that I no longer share this tangible exchange between me and my babe brings me to consideration of the next chapter of this divine mothering I do with him. I dance it so personally with my 18 year old daughter, my 15 year old son, and my giant 3 year old. They are all so unique and their Love Languages all different. Being a guide for these children to grow and mature ebbs and flows with the rhythm of life. Each season brings a new wave of connection and possibilities.
This (k)new wave truly completes the baby stage and the joy of broadening into life and expanding into it's offerings is welcomed and celebrated.
I'm encouraging us all to remember that there is such sacredness in our modern world especially at these times where we are questioning it all. Conscious awareness. Every moment is a meditation. Connect, plug in and contribute consciously to the collective. The best time to start is today. Right now.
Life is an Offering.

Mata Durgaji.
Amma Durgaji.
Ibu Durgaji.
Ma Durgaji.


 

Ma🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment