Tuesday 4 March 2014

The day has arrived.... I get out of jail...... 40 days and 40 nights.

Last time I was 'out' was 22 January 2014. I thought it might be my last day of freedom for awhile but was unsure.  My instincts were right.  Two days later, it happened.  

LeoAnanda was born and my commitment to stay at home began.  I haven't left at all.  I hadn't even been to the front gate until about 4 days ago when I put a foot out, and then jumped back in. Was being a little rebel, jumping over the line and then back in.  It was really bizarre though.  It was like stepping through a mesh-matrix type field.  I swear I heard a waaa-whaaa-woahhhh sound.  Now it's time to take a few more steps out and enter the world again.  I've been locked away in my beautiful haven for 40 days and 40 nights.

I am in two minds.  Yet it is time.  Although I have been locked away for these weeks, it is by choice, a very serious choice.  I am very fortunate to have had the choice.  To stay home, to be with my baby and spend time together, get to know each other, not be pressured by 'out there'.  It's a Hindu tradition, It's an honoring of the event, the mother's journey and time to prepare for the world......Although we did get pressured in here a little, that's for sure.  

I had to be very resourceful.  Fortunately I live in Bali and there is an abundance here.   I have the most beautiful staff that help me in my day to day life.  My beautiful Pembantus, that clean my house and buy my fruit and veges for me.  The Wayans, that look after Leo for a few hours a day, so that I can still work online and assist my Australian students and be in touch with 'out there'.  My angel girlfriends that do the other things for me, like Margot, who went and bought me some tshirts and got some skirts made for me, breastfeeding friendly outfits. Not to mention my massage therapist who comes twice a week to rub me every so lovely.  I had all my favourites delivered from the health food shop and of course; a pizza once a week.  



I honestly haven't missed going out there.  At all.   There was those two times, I would of loved going for a quick trip around the block on my motorbike, I miss riding, a little.  


I had some lovely visitors as well as some amazing visitors at some events that were at our house.  So being locked up in self appointed Starr Jail ain't so bad.  I could quite easily stay here a little while longer.  


Having a small bubby is so precious, he's already so big.  And now it's time for him to go out in the big world.  Of course he will be in my arms, but our special sacred time has ripened and that chapter completed.  


So, where are we going.  Well, as the wonderful world has it, we are going to one of my favourite places in the whole wide world.  LeoAnanda has been there many times before, just never experienced it looking through his eyes.  Just there on 'a few inside jobs'.


We are going to the most perfect place.  To the holy purification temple.



Leo isn't old enough yet to go in the water, he's still pure.  So he's coming to hold space and keep my boobs from exploding.  Super helper already.




This Saturday is one of the big ceremonies here in Bali that happens twice a year, Saraswati Day.  She is the divine Hindu goddess of knowledge, wisdom, education and growth.  It will be Leo's first ceremony.  We will be travelling up near the Mother Temple Besakih and spend hours in prayer, meditation and lots of fabulous action involving trance and mystical experience.

Ok, big world, we are coming.  Look out, we are lots of fun, very entertaining and gracious as.  

Gosh............... bring it.  Schwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.


xoxo

www.nikstarr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment