Tuesday 4 April 2017

Do you know what your name means?

A Truly fascinating consideration ahead.

Do you know the meaning of your name ?  If you don't go do a google dash and find out.  If we think about it, if we don't know the meaning of our name, that's pretty interesting.  We have this word that everyone calls us, we are literally attached to it in the system from our birth certificate to passports to bank accounts to every one using it to create a connection with us and it is said, thought or spoke of many times a day.  That's a huge use of a word.  Words have weight.  There is a vibration to words and there is also a numeric reflection of composition in regards to the numerology of your name at birth.

It's so fascinating to me.  I have been in deep reflection of this since Guruji brought this to my consideration.

So what does Nicole mean: 


The given name Nicole is of Greek origin and means" victorious people"

In Greek the meaning of the name Nicole is:  People's victory.
People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.
People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.


This was interesting find in my research:

Nicole
A Nicole is someone who is omnipotent. A Nicole is gorgeous, intelligent, mysterious, witty, hilarious, out-going, creative and seductive, yet she is also tough, street-smart, experienced, brave, enduring, and mainly a wonderful mother. Nothing and nobody can compare to a Nicole in any aspect. Mess with a Nicole, or her family, and you will regret ever being born.

It's so interesting we attach meaning to everything but do we ever spend time considering the meaning of our name.  What is it's purpose, are we to live out that purpose.  It's that a piece of the entire life puzzle.  I think so.

I was born Nicole Evans, Evans meaning son of Evan.  Evan means God has been gracious, or God has shown favour.  "I didn't know this until just now..... geez".

In 1998 I married a Starr and became one, this was a welcomed name and It meaning is:  a name given to a person who was a person whose personality or appearance called to mind; a bright shining star. 


Phoenix was something that came through for me Easter Sunday in 2010, I literally rose out of some ashes and embodied this name, it was a long time coming, I have felt very drawn to this name for eons., it has been with me ever since.  I always had middle name envy as a child. 


The name Phoenix is a Greek name. In Greek the meaning of the name Phoenix is :A bird that built its own pyre and then was reborn from the ashes.
People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.
People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
And then I just started this huge flow of names being given to me, all I ever wanted was a middle name, now I've lost count of how many I have.

Let's see:

Durgaji Ibu Jero Putu Widiani Aditi Nicole Phoenix Starr.  That's 7. WOW.  And then there is simply 'Nik' and 'NikStarr'... which are others used more often than most.

(Just now checking NIK..... English Meaning: The name Nik is an English  name. In English the meaning of the name Nik is: Lord.  Lord being the direct translation from God/dess).  So NikStarr therefore means, Shining bright God*dess.  FANCY FREAKIN THAT, I am literally researching this part as I write this. 


Durgaji was the name Swami gave me as soon as I met him and the only thing he ever called me, I wondered for a long time if he even knew my birth name.  I have been reflective deeply over the last two weeks of my tantric journey and how it essentially saved me (from myself), a brutal path of fierce awakening, knowing self as well as I do, it worked divinely and far beyond my perceived minds capacity.

Durga...... (just saying it in my head the depth of this is felt in every cell of my body, I adore being a manifestation of Devi Durga.  The moment she awoke within me I felt home.  I became safe, certain and truly alive.  It took me 3 days to embody and integrate, I nearly went insane.  The path hasn't been easy, it's been unimaginable and totally divine).

Durga means 'impenetrable'.... "the inaccessible" or "the invincible".  She is the mother of all creation. T
he goddess of power and strength

"ji" is a honorific suffix used in Hindi to convey respect to the individual whose name it is appended to.  eg. Swamiji, Guruji........ Durgaji.

At the time of receiving this name, I researched Durga deeply.  I wasn't exactly pleased with being the mother to all.  The mother figure was something I hadn't found easy and at the time my children were very far from me and there was so much pain associated with it all.  'well played Swami, well played'.  I came to feel deep grace with the blessing of this name.  I understood the reverence it held.  I understood it was my duty to respect that greatly.  I understand now, this name thing, is a very big deal.

Putu Widiani is my Hindu name given to me by Brahmana at my Hindu conversion ceremony. Putu, meaning first born (in my family) and Widiani, meaning spiritual master.  I felt a deep sense of belonging the day I received this name and answered automatically to Putu without any need to get used to it.

Ibu Jero is a title, it means Priestess or Female Priest.  I got this when I had my ceremony to become a Jero.  My high priest only ever calls me Jero Putu.


Aditi.... meaning "boundless, entire" or "freedom, security" in Sanskrit. This is the name of an ancient Hindu goddess of the sky and fertility. According to the Vedas she is the mother of the gods.

This name was given to me while I was literally on stage at the World Hindu Summit in 2013, I was pregnant with LeoAnanda and the Amma was a revered Guru from India that felt compelled to give it to me then and there.

CAN YOU SEE A THEME .......... WOW, JUST WOW!!!!!!.





I hold these names sacredly within my heart, all of them.  

I'm thanking Guruji for prompting me into this deep consideration, our biggest Label.  Our name.

I remember I went and had a session with a famous Mangku of numerology, he did all the numbers on my name and gave me such incredible insight.  That lead me to a river, of 5 ways, a place that joined 5 parts to the whole and did a hilarious ceremony, quite the rebirth energy and cleansed my names vibration for me, its was a huge marker on my journey. 


I asked my daughter Ruby this question; she looked at me with wide eyes and said..... 'a gemstone'.... and then she hit google and what unfolded, was the most precious of gems and so so so so much more... Her middle name is Shiloh, which means 'peaceful one'.... Shining Starr.

I have just now looked up my son Harley, it was a name that his father suggested to divert me from my wish, namely Ferris.... I was happy to settle with Harley.  It means 'hare's meadow', He's always off down some rabbit hole for sure.  Hahhahaha, his middle name is Luther, a name in line with the 'peaceful message of middle names'... Shining Starr.

And then there is my third child LeoAnanda.  Blissful Brave Hearted one.  Ganesh, (his middle name,  being the son of Durga).....  Shining Starr.


I think I will leave todays transmission there.  
Hugs...

1 comment:

  1. Great read, I guess I'd better check out my name DarmaYasa calls me Mr John haha makes me feel even older than I am.

    ReplyDelete